Since January 2016, I am a Postdoctoral Researcher at the Distributed Systems Group (Computer Science) headed by Prof. Marco Aiello. We are part of the Institute of Mathematics and Computer Science of the University of Groningen.
A Smart Energy System for Sustainable Buildings: The Case of the Bernoulliborg (2016) [pdf] [Paperback]
Defense speech – Laudatio – Prof. Dr. Alexander Lazovik
Smart Energy Systems, Service-Oriented Computing, Software Testing, Service Virtualization, Cloud Computing.
Awards and grants:
– March 2016: NWO ESI-pose grant 450.000 EUR for project MERGE
– Green Mind Award 2014: 2nd place and 100.000 euros grant for project “Sensible Heating Operation Solutions” and 3rd place for project “Sustainable Buildings 2.0: Duisenberg – The Building of Sustainability”.
– Green Mind Award 2012: 1st place and 100.000 euros grant for project “Bernoulliborg: The building of sustainability” (the best out of 62 submissions).
– PhD Degreee Grant: 51.000 euros. JoinEU-SEE II: Scholarship scheme for academic exchange between EU and Western Balkan countries, Erasmus Mundus Partnerships Action 2.
– Startup FastTrack weekend – Best business model and pitch among competing energy companies in The North of The Netherlands
– Among Top 100 out of 2300 competing startups at the Hello tomorrow 2015 startup conference
– Community Award at the Pioneers Festival 2015 – largest European event for startups, investors and media
– Energy Academy Europe – Startup FastTrack competition, 10,000 EUR grant, among three winners out of twelve competing Dutch energy companies
– SURFsara 10,000 EUR grant for “Sustainable Buildings Challenge” project
– Sustainable Campus International Competition 2015, 3,000 $ grant, 1st place out of 40 competing teams
Supervision & Assistance:
University of Groningen, NL
– Bachelor thesis, 2016. “Healthy Offices“. Sybren Gjaltema, Timo Smit
– Bachelor thesis, 2015. “Energy Smart Office”. Rik Schaaf and Maarten Kollenstart
– Bachelor thesis, 2015. “An energy competition dashboard”. Jeroen Brandsma, Michel Dekker
– Bachelor thesis, 2015. “Sleepy for Linux – Power Management Framework for Workstations”. Thomas Hoeksema, Michel Medema
– Research Internship for Master students, 2014. ”A Real-Time Energy Monitoring Metering and Visual Display System”. Pascal Bouwers
– Bachelor thesis, 2014. “Monitoring water usage of the Bernoulliborg”. Bram Musters, Nils Wiersma, Niels Kluiter
– Bachelor thesis, 2014. “Fault detection and management in wireless sensor networks using rule-based and ARIMA methods”. Bas de Bruijn, Jan Kramer
– Bachelor thesis, 2014. “Recycling data for everyone”. Jorrit Idsardi
– Master thesis, 2013. ”Office energy saving potential through component based automation, a design and implementation“. Marcel Jillings and Sijmon Heitmeijer.
– Master thesis, 2013. “Mobile visualisation of energy consumption data for improving awareness amongst building occupants“. Mattijs Meiboom.
– Research internship, 2013. “Lazy Sleep“. Brian Setz and Ruurtjan Pul
– Research internship, 2013. “Efficiency energy usage by dynamic scheduling the HVAC system“. Luu Dinh Tuan
Presentations & talks:
– A Smart Energy System for Sustainable Buildings. Green Office Lecture. Groningen, The Netherlands. September 13, 2016.
– A Smart Energy System for Sustainable Buildings. Oberseminar 2016. Sassari, Italy. May 26, 2016.
– Sustainable Bernoulliborg Demonstration for MBA lecture for Energy Executive Course 2016. Groningen, The Netherlands. April 14, 2016.
– GreenMind – An Architecture and Realization for Energy Smart Buildings. Oberseminar 2015. Istanbul, Turkey. April 17, 2015.
– Future Today: Testing in an Internet of Things environment. Agile Testing Day. Utrecht, The Netherlands. March 19, 2015.
– Automated deployment of cloud services using AI planning. Continuous Delivery Conference. Spant, Bussum, The Netherlands. December 4, 2014.
– [Invited talk]